One of my hobbies: watching movies!

Hello, today I am going to tell you about one of my hobbies, watching movies!

I have been a true lover of cinema since I was little and I have a collection of more than 70 films in different formats: DVD, VHS, and others (all original by the way), that I hope to continue increasing.

I love cinema, but I must admit that I don´t like everything that goes on the market. I prefer classic cinema and films that have good content and / or messages. And that's why today I'm going to tell you about 3 great movies.  It was very difficult to choose only 3, since I have many favorites, but I tried to choose 3 good and special films, with varied themes and from different continents. So here we go…


Cinema Paradiso

Cinema Paradiso, an italian film released in 1988 and winner of multiple awards including the 1989 Oscar Award for Best Foreign Film, tells the story of Salvatore (Toto) a boy who lives in a town in post-war Italy where the only hobby is going to the cinema. Toto befriends Alfredo, who is the operator of the town's cinema, and who teaches him everything about cinema and movies. Over the years, Toto grows up and leaves the town, but 30 years later he receives a call that makes him return and remember everything he lived through during his childhood. Cinema Paradiso is nostalgia made into a film, in addition to having an incredible soundtrack, created by the great musician Ennio Morricone. A real gem!




One flew over the cuckoo's nest 

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest


One of my rules, if Jack Nicholson is in the cast of a movie, you must watch it, and this movie is an example. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest is an American drama released in 1975 that is based on a book of the same name. This film tells the story of Randle McMurphy, a criminal who declares himself insane and is admitted to a mental institution, where he rebels against the oppressive nurse and rallies up the scared patients.The film shows through a crude story and excellent performances the reality lived inside the mental institutions of the time. 





La estrategia del Caracol (The snail´s strategy)

And now what could not be missing, a South American film. La estrategia del caracol, is a 1993 Colombian film. This movie tells the story of a group of people who live in an old house in one of Bogotá´s poorest neighborhoods, but who one day must leave because the owner, an unscrupulous millionaire, wants to sell the place. The film shows the neighbors' struggle, solidarity, resilience, the abuse of power of the rich over the poor, but leaving a feeling of great satisfaction at the end. 





I hope you like the 3 movies that I just mentioned. If you have already seen them, I am very happy. If you haven't seen them, I hope you will. Cinema Paradiso and La estrategia del Caracol are on youtube, in case ypu are interested 😉




Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Postgraduate Studies

MY DREAMY PLACE...